Saturday, November 29, 2008

Don't be a Bargain Hunter

I read with horror an article on "Black Friday". This also reminded me of a Chinese Medicine practitioner whom I used to frequented his medicine shop. I still go to his shop...

We used to called him "uncle King Kong". One day, as usual I visited to his shop to seek for some medical advise on my kids' petty health issue. He was not in at that moment. Out of curiosity, I asked his wife who attended to me by saying: "where is uncle King Kong, is he in?"
His wife: "He is not in."
I said again: "He went out for wedding dinner is it?" To me, when he is not in, that means only dinner invitation that will make him leaves his shophouse. Then,
the wife said again: "You didn't know?"
I said: "Know what?"
The wife told his daughter: "Girl, you tell aunty where is papa"...
The daughter: "He was dead."
The wife: "That was exactly 1-month ago."....

I could not believed what I heard. Once reached home, I burst into tears when I relate the incident to my husband. This uncle was a indirect victim of holiday-bargain-hunter. He died of heart attack when the car that he and his family were traveled in was caught in a 1hr massive traffic jam under the hot sun nearby a brandnew shopping mall during our National Day celebration holiday on 31Aug.

His wife advice me this:
It's better not to go to shopping complexes in crowded seasons!

It is just Not Worthwhile to cause a loss of a precious life in spite of a few bucks saved.

No comments: