Saturday, September 8, 2012

An old teacher


 

I met a former teacher of mine after 25 years at Sunshine Square yesterday. I was delighted to stumble upon her and walked to her without hesitation. Hubby asks which year did the teacher has teaches me, I say when I was in primary four or five. He says 'Oh my! She still could remember you!' ^_^ She is not an ordinary teacher to me, she is the one who discovered my calligraphy talent and mingled with us more than a teacher would. We all even willing to help her to wash and clean her new home when she needed extra hands to do chores, from planning out to buy brooms, mops, cleaning towels, pails and etc. She has retired as school principal since two years ago after reaching retiring age. Thinking of those years as a young student under her as our form teacher, I feel lucky and blessed to have a wise, caring and loving teacher. And now, I can happily and able to invite her to come to our home to keep our teacher-student-ship continue on.
Happy!

No comments: