Monday, June 23, 2008

One way to handle expenditure: Home School Your Kids

Seems daring, yes I am! Told friend on this, they are surprised and impressed.

'Cut down on your kid's tuition' - This is much advisable by financial advisor.

In year 2007, I enrolled my 2 children to preschool nearby. Ryan 3yo & Russell 20mo to be exact. Upon early of the year's registration, they collected from me more than a thousand!. Here's the breakdown on their fees:

Pay 1 time a year
Registration 50 x 2
Uniform 25 x 4
PE attire 20 x 2

Collected Twice a year
Computer fees 50 x 2person x 2
Books 120 x 2 (rough figure)x 2
Monthly tuition 190 x 12 x 2
Stationery 50x 2 x 2
etc etc etc...

If I still let them go to the preschool, I m going AKPK. What the figure would be if they are in the preschool for the next 4 & 5 years, not to mention the inflation rate. Do our kids need to learn the theory of 1 2 3 & ABC for 4 to 5 years in preschool? If their programme is solid to build on their creativity, well I can't say much. Everyday homework, writing, homework & writing. What is it, man? To be success in life no need to be a champion in writing lah! I firmly know this b'cos I was once the preschool's teacher for 1 week. And I'm pitiful to the kids and mothers who strongly believed in the teaching of the school.

Now, I coach my 2 preschooler at home and they learn the fun way. I do carpentary project with them, plant with them in the backyard, play with insects, cake baking & many more. I simply want them to learn from our daily life and from mother nature. They would know how things happen and the process of making it happen is the most important of all.

No comments: