Monday, December 19, 2011

Stay in the kitchen till the fire is set off






We went to Penang Hill on the past weekend for the reason of wanna try to commute in its newly installed funicular train. The travel speed has indeed improved significantly which took only about 5min. to reach to top. The kids were very excited to travel in it and that's also their first time to be at the hill. I love this season as there are so many outdoor activities that can plan out.

I burned my crock pot literally... the other day, I wanted to re-heat the soup just when before I go to bed at around 12.30 in the middle of the night. After I set the fire on the stove, I quickly went to brush teeth while waiting for the soup to heat up and also thinking of want to be efficient. Right after I brushed my teeth, I had totally forgot of the fire in the kitchen. As kids were rushing me to accompany them to bed, I just 'tok...' switched off the light in the kitchen and straight away leave the place and went upstairs.

In the wee hour in the morning around 5.30, while still asleep I suddenly think of the soup that I was re-heating and immediately run downstairs to check on it, by the time I opened the bedroom door, I could smell some strong burnt smell. But that wasn't me that turned off the fire, it was my husband that wake up by around half past four to run to toilet and get some water for himself. In another words, in the middle of the night, I set the fire the stove on unattended for a continuous of 4 hours!

When I recalled the whole scenario, it will be very frightening if thing does not to be this lucky. So lesson learned: forgetful person should stay in the kitchen till the fire is set off !!!
Don't repeat my mistake...

No comments: