Sunday, July 3, 2011

Test and marks again

When you're homeschooling your kids you will really understand their progress and learning milestone. My younger son's kindergarten principal asked me to let him go for school's tutoring program since his test scores were not satisfying (meaning that not all subjects get over 90 or 100 marks). In this case, I think she had advised the wrong person for the wrong program. Because I'm never a person who will just look at the marks... never...
Furthermore, when you look at the question worksheet that the teacher has had prepared, there's nothing excited to look forward what's more when come to learning... : (

With these type of calculus questions, how are you going to expect a six-year-old to put in the answer? The worksheet format at the bottom part in my solution towards the misery... I teach Russell the way to get the calculation done. When the kids are at school and do not learn from what has been taught in a class of 10 students or so, what can we say?

No comments: