Thursday, October 2, 2008

Should I Teach?

Teach or not to teach, teach or not to teach, teach or not to teach, teach or not to teach, teach or not to teach.............. day after day I keep asking myself whether should resume my tutorial class for primary students? Can I not to teach the neighbours' children? can???

I find myself hard to 'communicate' with those silai that don't know what education is all about. Worst is, these parents don't know what they want be it to themselves or their children! Don't complaint, I would appreciate their constructive suggestions if they have any.

For my way, it's totally different. From my ex-students-children, they told me this: "Laoshi a loashi, ru guo ni shi wo men de mama, bu tong ji shuang horr." (Teacher teacher, wouldn't it nice if you're our mother, in English) One day, when they went home and conveyed their wishes to their mother, their mother come to me and say I shouldn't teach them this way......Harlow, did I did anything wrong when my students like me and wish me to be their mother??? What's so wrong if I'm their role model or idol?

I think, it's the parents that overly interfered in today's classroom that make dedicated facilitator from not contributing.

No comments: