Saturday, September 27, 2008

New Curriculum in 2010

ahh..... at last our ministry of education announced the new curriculum will be introduced to primary education in year 2010 in order 'to make learning fun and rewarding'.
I love this!
I really hope they will walk their talk.
They are supposed to revamp it long time ago la...... it's better late than never in this case.

As I'm preparing for my eldest son whose official schooling will be in 2011, and I never emphasized on just academic. Because I was from that kind of curriculum and I take myself as a total schooling failure. So what I was from A class, so what I score 5A's in PMR in 1993 and so what I went through master programme... Life is totally different when you are out of school chair. Then only we need to acquire new skills in society. To me, it was too late. It was wasted all the 12 Years schooling. So, how relevant is this???

That's why I very much dislike those preschool that emphasized on formal schooling curriculum in preschool years in ages 3-6 and homework 2-3pages daily. Not age appropriate at all. Damn boring and a complete brain destruction to kids!!!

No comments: