Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tips to Nurture Young Reader

As you know that I home-school my children, 1st 4yo and 2nd 3yo. When I went to hypermart to top-up my kitchen stuff fortnightly, I would buy them at least a story book to spice up their reading at bookstore nearby.

When they get the new book, they will be able to read the whole book at one go. hehee... that's why cannot buy many at the same time, otherwise they will lose interest in them. As nearby my place here do not have a public library, the only choice is to buy yourself. There's a Children Library in town about 40min away from my house. With the petrol price hike, it would be more costly to borrow a book from library than owning one.

How good if there are friends with the passion to teach and instill reading interest to initiate this programme together and benefits other children around here. Generally, we need to encourage reading habits among children more often than go shoppings =D

No comments: