Thursday, May 31, 2012

Poor little monkey



I took the above two pictures while on the way to meet a friend. It was on a busy road at peak hour of 6.30 in the evening whereby people rushing to go back home after work. I apologize for the poor image, but that's the best zoomed in I could get : (

When I passed by the street, I saw a monkey lying motionless in the middle of the road with wound on his head. Then there was this poor monkey - I supposed is the partner of the one being hit, guarding by the side of that motionless monkey. Coincidently I had to wait at the traffic light junction for my turn, thus I turned my head back and observed that little creature. Whenever there were motorcycles passed by, he would tried to attack the motorcyclists until they go far. Then he would again walked back to his partner side and pulled its tail as if want to wake him/her up. He keeps repeating between wanted to attack motorcyclists and walking back and pull his dead partner's tail the whole time for about 5 minutes while I was observing. He must be hated us human to the utmost for killing his partner and ruined their future!

Since I'm familiar with this place, I turned my head up and look around the bushes if there are other monkeys nearby, it didn't disappoint me, there their friends being gathered together as if waiting anxiously want to know what had happened to their friend. I tell myself that I would use this same road to go back home and also to check back on these monkeys. On my returning way, this dead monkey is being pulled nearer to the edge of the road, nearer to the bushes where they live...

I can tell you that it is a heart broken scene to see lives being separated apart from death even though it happened on this poor animal. His living partner is sooo reluctant to let go his dead partner. I'd almost wanted to pull over to tell this living monkey that "It's dangerous to be on the road, get away from this busy road and keep yourself safe in the trees!" I know that they would understand what I say if I did that...  

No comments: