Saturday, June 5, 2010

Parent-teacher meeting

We were called to attend a meeting session with teachers in my sons school. Meanwhile, it was also to collect their assessment result. On results, Ryan in Kindergarten 2, his English paper scored 96/100, Science 94/100, Mandarin 86/100 and a few more papers with 80-95 marks; whereas Russell who is in Kindergarten 1 scored between 65-90 marks in various subjects. Well, I'm not a marks obsessed person. And during this so called teacher-parent meeting session, the teacher had nothing else to say besides showing me their results and keep saying 'there's improvement'. But, I had something to say to them.

I told them not to write the answer on to their exercise book if my children not able to do it. Leave it blank and simply write a 'homework' in the page, I'll coach them at home. I would rather know the truth that my son was not able to do it than being fooled around that they were answered it well.

Another vital and important step they need to practice is trained their traffic warden to close the school gate and watch the students tight, not to let them run towards parent's vehicle approaching the school. I've had a few experiences that my children were running free towards my car in the middle of the road nearby the school. I had to stop my car in the middle of the road to let them in. There were many silent moments - just keep quiet. But whenever Sam says, it means serious! -after many chances given.

We were not only 'lebih-kurang' (more or less) type, also 'tidak apa' (it is okay ajelah) dengan banyak-nye......!

No comments: